Thursday, February 2, 2012

Fit Moms For Life 21 Day Challenge: Intro

Alright so February 1st is the official start of the 21 Day Challenge: Fit Moms for Life Challenge! 
I am super excited because this is my first personal step to being a Fit mom, not only for me but for my children and husband.  I grew attracted and interested in joining this challenge because of Dustin Maher and his motto of "How to have Endless Energy to Outplay your kids".  Learn more about his program here, Fit Moms For Life.

Why I committed to this challenge:  I am doing this ultimately For Me.  It seems that my sense of being me ended when I got married.  I love being married, do not get me wrong.  Life just seemed to hit a "Fast Forward" switch where I never felt like I could take an hour out of my day to hit the gym or really take time out for myself.

With both of us working full time and me still having the duties of laundering, cleaning, and cooking--I felt myself feel swamped!  Choosing to eat fast food seemed the "easier" option for me.  Meals I cooked were high in sodium and trans fat.  I quickly felt myself grow out of some of my favorite jeans.  The more I grew out of my clothes I stressed out more and stress seemed to pile more pounds onto my belly.


Pregnant and life after birth:  Pregnancy seemed to slow life down a bit for me.  I was able to take time for myself and choose better options for food.  I ate healthier and did my best to take walks.  I lost weight after she was born, but soon gained them back.  I have to say life felt very much solitary.  I stayed inside for fear of anything happening to my little precious bundle!  As a first time momma, I felt like taking walks around our neighborhood was a bit scary.  No one was out there with me to take walks and make me feel "safe" and I did have a couple of weird people sort of follow me around which was not comforting for me.  So I stayed inside and did not do much to keep active.  I started eating sweets again too, which did not  help to make me feel good inwardly.

I love the concepts in his book.  Very down to earth and simple to understand.   I feel like the work out is doable, and with goals and mindsets set in place, I feel that I can follow through with this program.  Also, I like the idea of 21 days of commitment with other ladies working out along with me. 

The Program: Mommy Blogger Weight Loss Challenge is also Geared towards moms with an understanding of the "busy-ness" of Children, Household Chores, and Other Duties and commitments women may have.  I love that Dustin really values what we do as moms.  He offers strategies in his book and mindsets that are relevant to me as a woman and mother..] He is very flexible and offers encouragement gleaned from other moms facing weight problems.  Not to mention the workouts and interviews I have been watching are with a real mom!  I love seeing that it is not only I who tires and struggles, but the person on the video is too!  I feel like I can connect with the person working out--like she's not a professional body builder or anything, but a simple person.  So it is encouraging to press on and sweat it out till the end.

My Goals for this program at the end of 21 days:
Main Goal:  Lose 25 lbs
Secondary Goal:  Do 30 Regular Pushups
Third Goal: To perform the "Plank" positions both front and side for 45 seconds!
Fourth Goal: Eat healthy and live an energized positive life.


You can check out Dustin on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/dustinmaher
Don’t forget to follow the #21MBC hashtag on twitter.  If you are a Mommy Blogger and would like to try this program for free like me, contact me at Sophieandmomma at gmail.com and I will get you the information to join up for the next 21 Day Challenge for March!  You will receive the same free program that I did!

Disclaimer:  This post is in conjuction with the 21 Day Mommy Blogger Weight Loss Challenge with Dustin Maher.  I am doing the Fit Moms for Life Program.  I have received the program for free and have not been paid to write this post.  All opinions are mine.  For more information on the program please learn more about it here: Fit Moms for Life

1 comment:

  1. I also love how simple the plan seems...and how the ladies on the dvd are struggling too. It is encouraging and I like how Dustin pushes them...feels like he is pushing us...and how he does less reps, or lowers the weights a little on the third rep...keeps you going still instead of quitting because it is too hard.

    ReplyDelete