Sunday, February 5, 2012

21 Day Mommy Blogger Weight Loss Challenge--Day 5

Day off Days are a Challenge in themselves:
Alright so today is my day off of the exercise.  Sundays are always hard days for us as a family.  Our schedule and meals are always varied depending on what plans start cooking after church.

So I tried to do my best to plan for the worst today, because I know junk food was going to be present either at the Church snack food table or other unplanned events we were going to be invited to.

 I started off the day right with breakfast consisting of a 16 oz glass of water and 2 eggs scrambled and sauteed with onions, cheese and 1/2 a cup of black beans.  To church I packed 4 servings of Carrots.  I went right with my Breakfast, Snack and water intake--as planned.  We were going get together with a couple after church--planned.  They invited us over to their parents' house for a Super Bowl Sunday Get together--unplanned.    Lots of delectables at their parent's house!  One decadent dessert was homemade Cheesecake bars drizzled with white chocolate.  I put up a good resistance for the first 4 hours being at the house.  {We ended up staying at their place for a LONG time and by the 5pm I caved in and tried out her cheesecake bar.}  I chose to eat Taco Salad and some Phad Thai.  I had a hard time figuring out how many servings or nutritional values each would equate to.  I don't think going to this party with measuring cups and a scale would have been appropriate--but I think next time, I just might have to!  So I estimated the best by just using my fist--something somebody told me to help with portions.   I did not want to overeat on the Phad Thai, and really increased the vegetables in the taco salad so I could maximize my veggie intake.
What was a planned 2 hours of visiting ended up being a 10 hour day. 
Sigh I think Sundays are going to be my biggest challenge days to keep my food in control. All in all I wished I had planned for an a whole day and evening for this so here's my battle plan:

My Battle Plan for Sundays and Unplanned Adventures:
  • Packing a water bottle is a must if one wants to hit their water intake goals.
  • Pre-pack snacks in the fridge of healthy snacks that can save me from Sweets!
  • Write down goals/ affirmations/encouragements  on a 3X5 card and place in my bag--I need something to help my mind stay focused on what my long term goals are and to encourage me to do the right thing if a day like this happens again!
  • Not sure what else, but if I think of anything I will add more to it!
Below is a collection of Bloggers who are taking on Dustin Maher's 21 Day Challenge.  Hop around and see their progress and their input on the Mommy Blogger Weight Loss Challenge! :)



Disclaimer: This post is in conjuction with the 21 Day Mommy Blogger Weight Loss Challenge with Dustin Maher. I am doing the Fit Moms for Life Program. I have received the program for free and have not been paid to write this post. All opinions are mine. For more information on the program please learn more about it here: Fit Moms for Life

2 comments:

  1. Planning ahead is so important. I knew I would be out of the house all day. I brought a huge mason jar full of water to refill my water bottle with. Yesterday I forgot and had half the water I usually get. Not this time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am having a hard time getting my water in, which is weird for me because I usually drink tons of water. I am going to have to plan and account for my water daily. I think you are doing well by being prepared. That is key and I am impressed by your successes.

    ReplyDelete