Thursday, February 2, 2012

21 Day Mommy Blogger Weight Loss Challenge--Day 2


The Importance of Mindsets:
I have yet to work out today with some strength training, but am going to be focusing on what I read today in Dustin's Fit Moms For Life ebook. I took time to read about the mind.  
When it comes to commitment I find that unless I am locked in and cannot turn around or cancel--I follow through bearing my teeth and grinning.  Yet the case is not usually so when it comes to exercising.  Usually I start exercising but then stop after a couple of days.  I try and fail when it comes to exercising.  What is different than before all those many times is that I am learning to lay the foundation of setting a right mindset.  
Here are just three points that I found helpful in Dustin's book: 
1.  Put yourself first--For me.  I started by not taking time out of my day to focus on doing some exercises for myself.  Just like I put God first and take time out of the day to spend time in the Bible, I do need to take time to make sure that I am physically training my body to take on its responsibilities as a wife, mother, and daughter.  I need to strengthen the muscles I do have and not waste them.  So it is not selfish to take half an hour to an hour working out!
2.  Believe change is possible--Yes!  Yes, I can be one of those many women and mothers out there who have shed off the extra baggage.  I can do this.  I really can!  If I put effort and energy and give myself to this, I can expect change.  

3.  Practice positive thinking and speaking--Just like I got to keep my mind renewed by the Word of God and think on that which is true...I got to apply this in matters of  who I am.  Every day I am getting stronger.  I may not be able to do 30 push ups now, but with each try I am working myself to my goal!  When I think positively and even speak something as simple as, "Come on! You CAN Do This! Yes,Almost There! Keep Focus!"  I find that I can indeed get to the goal or finish that task.  For time in the work out I find myself thinking, "This really is killing me!"  and then begin saying, "This is really killing me, but it is going to feel good when I am done!"

Conclusion:
Mindsets are very important.  It is something to keep us going forward and moving in that direction until we've reached our goal.  With a clear goal before me and a plan I feel better prepared to accomplish what I have set out to do. 
  
Worked Out/Excercised:
45 minutes of excercising--Strength training, Cardio, Core, and Cool Down/Stretches
Hardest part was Cardio- High knee/Punching








Meals and Food Journal:
Breakfast: Yogurt, Eggs and Cheddar Cheese

Snack: Orange

Lunch: Whole Wheat Pasta with Homemade Tomato Sauce--shredded 7 Carrots, Onion, Celery
Snack: Carrots

Dinner: Oven-Roasted Chicken seasoned with Lemon Pepper and Montreal Steak Seasoning
With a Big Salad of Romaine, Carrots, Mushrooms and Toasted Sesame Dressing. 


Water intake: 8 glasses as of 10pm

My Goals for this program at the end of 21 days:
Main Goal:  Lose 25 lbs  I talked to Dustin 7lbs would be more ideal for 21 days :)  But am still shooting for an ultimate Weight goal of 25lbs in the long run!
Secondary Goal:  Do 30 Regular Pushups
Third Goal: To perform the "Plank" positions both front and side for 45 seconds!
Fourth Goal: Eat healthy and live an energized positive life.

Join the 21 Day Challenge next Month for March!
You can check out Dustin on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/dustinmaher
Don’t forget to follow the #21MBC hashtag on twitter.  If you are a Mommy Blogger and would like to try this program for free like what I am doing right now please contact me at sophieandmomma at gmail.com and I will get you the information to join up for the next 21 Day Challenge for March 2012!  You will receive the same free program that I did! If you have any questions let me know I would love to help!

Disclaimer:  This post is in conjuction with the 21 Day Mommy Blogger Weight Loss Challenge with Dustin Maher.  I am doing the Fit Moms for Life Program.  I have received the program for free and have not been paid to write this post.  All opinions are mine.  For more information on the program please learn more about it here: Fit Moms for Life 

If you are apart of the 21 Day Mommy Blogger Weight Loss Challenge would love it if you added your link below!  Visit these Mommy Bloggers and see their progress during this 21 Day Challenge!

1 comment:

  1. Good job doing the whole workout...I am going to try doing the strength three days a week and the cardio/core 2 days a week and probably do something different one day a week...and add in some wii workouts because I love them. Thanks for sharing..I like checking out others to stay motivated and get some food ideas.

    ReplyDelete