Friday, February 17, 2012

21 Day Weight Loss Challenge: Day 17

 
Yay!  Got my exercise in today!  I started with Dynamic Warm ups and then moved into Cardio and Core Training.  I feel a bit pressed for time, so I am splitting up the work out so I can still have time for my family.  I also like working out everyday.  It gives me some boost of energy, and accomplishment.  With only a couple more days left to this challenge, I am excited and very eager to finish out this week strong!


Dustin's Weekly Challenge:  Tell someone you appreciate them!  Different person each day.  
 -- I am working on telling my husband how much I appreciate him this week.  Also others whom I really appreciate I am making thank you notes and making some phone calls! :)


The End is Coming!
Well...the end of this challenge that is!
Day 17 of this Mommy Blogger Weight Loss Challenge.  I am fairly excited about finishing out strong in this weight loss challenge.  I embarked on this challenge and weight loss journey on February 1st, 2012 and am very glad to say that I have at least worked out 3 days out of the week and have begun to change  my eating habits.  A big part of Dustin's Fit Moms for Life program is Nutrition.  Exercising, Nutrition, Good mindset, and Environment all goes hand in hand in his program.  In this second week, I feel like I am beginning to see how Nutrition works.  I was sick for a few days, and really felt like it would be best to just rest, but continue to eat healthy and focus on Nutrition and eating the 3 Meals and 2 snacks a day.  I found myself shopping healthier options and planning out more vegetables and fruits into my meals.  I also felt good.  I did not cave into eating sweets and ultimately I think eating right helped me get over the sickness quicker! 


I find that eating for nutritional value is something someone must do intentionally and purposefully! 


Working to lose weight and gain a healthier body is not merely just a 21 day challenge for me, it is a life long change.  I have started to try Protein shakes to take the place of a daily meal.  Because of Dustin's Fit Moms for Life book, I kind of understand the importance of consuming and incorporating various foods into my diet.  Something like protein is detrimental for muscles to rebuild itself after working out.  Also good foods to eat after exercise are simple foods like fruits and vegetables!  I am finding myself trying somehow to incorporate a healthy does of green veggies into my meals.  Not only is this for my good, but for my family.  I know that I want my family to eat more healthy so...I find that I am cooking more meals at home rather than running through a drive thru!

Made for Someone like Me:
What I love about Dutin Maher's Fit Moms for Life program is that it is very realistic for me as a Real Mom.  One of those reasons is that he strives to make exercise short and sweet--after all Moms are Busy!  But in that time we do exercise he encourages us to challenge ourselves to work out intensely and to push ourselves.  Secondly, I really appreciate that he appeals to my mindset by educating me on the "WHYs" of Nutrition, Exercise, etc.  One of my favorite parts he talks about is exercise.  His program includes Cardio, Strength Training, and Core Training, and Flexibility Training.  As a young mom, I have no time to really do the research on what type of exercise to include in my work outs--and I am very grateful that Maher goes into details of the importance of each.  For example, Strength training is ideal for the woman because it not only tones our body but it increases bone density.  I had not known that!  And time and time again I hear about women dealing with bone density loss.  So I am very grateful for the invaluable knowledge and facts inundated throughout this book. 



Disclaimer: This post is in conjuction with the 21 Day Mommy Blogger Weight Loss Challenge with Dustin Maher. I am doing the Fit Moms for Life Program. I have received the program for free and have not been paid to write this post. All opinions are mine. For more information on the program please learn more about it here: Fit Moms for Life

1 comment:

  1. I wanted to thank you for this great read. I definitely enjoying every little bit of it I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post.
    organic arborio rice

    ReplyDelete