Thursday, February 9, 2012

21 Day Weight Loss Challenge: Day 9 Food!



Breakfast:


I also took a picture of what I made my daughter. I love that her food doesn't look pale yellow all the time. Have you ever noticed that the easy bad foods like pancakes, waffles, crepes, fries, etc(CARBS) are pale yellow? I am finding that the more I prepare healthy food for myself the more color on our plates!  2 Cage free Eggs with 1/2 cup fresh blueberries with a pinch of Parmesan cheese.  Super yummy and filling!  My daughter tried to steal my blueberries. 



Snacks:
1/3 cup Apple, 1/3 cup Banana, and 1/3 cup orange slices (Dustin's recommended snacks in 1/3 cups)

Lunch:


2 Cups of shredded Napa Cabbage, 1/2 cup Lemon-pepper seasoned chicken, Orange slices, and Sesame dressing.  Today my husband came home from work because he sprained his ankle.  I made him this salad too.  He liked it!  He said it would be better with more chicken and oranges.



Snack:
I don't know for some reason it was just half an apple, a slice of Whole grain bread and peanut butter, and a 2 spoonfuls of brown rice.  Sorry, I have not had rice in a LONG TIME and rice is usually my staple.  :)

Dinner:
Chinese Chicken in a Crockpot
It did not turn out that great. Ah well, we ate it with a lot of veggies! :)

EAT TO LIVE OR LIVE TO EAT?
I have to say that once I can grapple with the reason as to "why" I eat--I can have more control over my weight.  While cutting up some veggies and fruits for a salad yesterday and today the thought  popped in my head, "I'm eating this because it is nutritious and is what I need to have in my body."  It was not until today that I realized I just understood the difference between Eating to live or Living to eat!  Quite enlightening to me.  God created us not to live to eat, but to eat to live.  Yes we can enjoy food, but I'm finding that the joy of food can really cause us to go south.  So ladies and gents--are you Eating to Live or Living to Eat?

Cheat Meals and Wiggle Room.
On another note, reading Fit Moms For Life there is grace and the flexibility that I do appreciate.    I like Dustin he gives us "wiggle" room when it comes to food.  Meaning, once in a while it is okay to treat ourselves to something.  Indeed it is realistic dieting--because I know that I cannot deny myself some good delectable sweet treats.  Like that Superbowl day, I really wanted a cheesecake bar--I had it.  The next day I was back and ready to hit the weights and cardio.  To be honest I felt gross working out after eating some junk....I enjoyed it but I know that later I will pay for it.  I believe in Moderation--not Perfection.


There's Freedom in eating right.
After doing my shopping, I was a bit worried at how much it cost initially.  I still have not bought everything we need that was on the shopping list.  But you know what?  I find that I am eating about 5 times a day--feeding my family for about $150!  With the food we have bought, I can mix and match meals with some adjustments for the things we could not shop for.

Freedom.  When I portion out the amounts I need to eat, I feel freedom to eat without feeling guilty that maybe I am eating too much.  And what's more my husband is also unwittingly eating about the same portion as I am eating.  I feel satisfied after eating my meal and drinking water.  I'm loving it.


Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead.
Tonight as a family we sat down and watched Fat Sick and Nearly Dead. I thought it was encouraging and wished I had a juicer!  This show really got my husband thinking too.  I thought it was enjoyable and amazing.  Have you ever watched it?  I love it, it's on Netflix if you guys have it! :)

Disclaimer: This post is in conjuction with the 21 Day Mommy Blogger Weight Loss Challenge with Dustin Maher. I am doing the Fit Moms for Life Program. I have received the program for free and have not been paid to write this post. All opinions are mine. For more information on the program please learn more about it here: Fit Moms for Life 


 






2 comments:

  1. I'm gonna have to watch that Netflix thing. Sounds intriguing, especially since I have a juicer gathering dust in my pantry!

    I agree....healthy foods are usually so colorful and pretty when you photograph them. I've found that photo journaling my foods helps me do a little better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here...well actually just pulled that juicer out 2 weeks ago and made some juice for the family. I am more into smoothies myself...guess I will have to check it out later.

    I am all about everything in moderation also. I want something I can stick with and not feel completely like I am "dieting". Good job on trying something new, even if it didn't work out. You never know, the next new thing could be your favorite dish. I am off to find a recipe for asparagus. I think I tried it as akid and didnt like it, but have never had it since...so I am trying it today for lunch.

    ReplyDelete