Saturday, February 4, 2012

21 Day Mommy Blogger Fitness Challenge--Day 4

Today's Exercise: Warm up, Weight/Strength Training, Cardio, Core Training and Flexibility/Stretching
I have to admit I was not looking forward to exercising.  I was a tad bit grumpy and tired by the time I started working out with Jodi and Dustin.  When I started, I felt my hamstrings and quads felt sore and tight.  My little one was a being cute and trying to warm up with me by lifting her legs us as I was doing the stationary skipping.  Boy did I wish I had Dustin's Mamatone Fitness DVD when our little one was a newbie!  I think I would have loved to stayed fit back then!  Anyways she stopped being cute and started signing "more-more".  She was hungry.  I had to run around to get her dinner while trying to get daddy to take care of her.  All in all it was a bit chaotic before getting to focus in on working out. 

The hardest part today that I dread the most was the weight training.  Those backward lunges with 8lb weights at my sides is super hard!  The muscles in my leg feel the burn quite well, and I force myself to make that 90 degree angle he talks about.  I often pause the video to make sure I do them right.  The second part about weight training is of course the push ups.  I find it difficult to go down low and up again...the positive part though is that I followed through and finished without cutting down the reps.  I really want to push myself these 21 days...I want to feel like me again!  I am super pumped tonight too for some reason.  I did one extra run through of the cardio.  I truly truly truly want to look the way I feel inside.  I feel like a young woman.  I feel like a happy person.  When I look in the mirror I see a very different person.  Oh it is so encouraging to know that with each day we exercise, eat right, choose healthy options---we are taking steps in the right direction.  I know that with each step, back lunge, high-knee punch I do--I will be that much closer to seeing that person I feel like inside.

A New Take on Photographs and Pictures:
Tomorrow my husband Andy asked a friend to take a family photo of us three.  I was already thinking I should wear some sort of Shapewear tomorrow to look somewhat good.  But I was really blessed by someone on facebook to share this with me: ... I finally decided that they (pictures) are for us only and my kids will want pics of me one day and they don't care how I look - they love me no matter what. I say just be you! :)

Those were the most encouraging words I have heard about pictures--ever in my life!  A big thank you to you for what you said.  It means a lot to me.  Some new things I've learned today:  I know that my daughter loves me no matter what I look like, and I know my husband sees me the way I see him.  Through the eyes of love I find that the outer man does not matter at all. 

Also, loving reading all those posts in the 21 Day challenge!  You guys are the reading material I've been enjoying this week.  Well, I've written my food journal down on paper today.  Nothing too crazy or special!

Food Journal:
Breakfast: Peanut Butter on Whole Grain Toast (Seems to be my favorite) and Egg over easy cooked with Olive Oil
Snack: {1/2} Peanut Butter on whole Grain Toast

Lunch: Chicken Salad with black beans and carrots, arugula
Snack: Banana and a Banana Organic too!
Dinner: 2 Eggs.  1/2 cup of Black Beans. Sweet Chili Sauce  I know...it was a fend for yourself night.
Water Intake: 7 cups of water.  


Below is a collection of Bloggers who are taking on Dustin Maher's 21 Day Challenge.  Hop around and see their progress and their input on the Mommy Blogger Weight Loss Challenge! :)



Disclaimer: This post is in conjuction with the 21 Day Mommy Blogger Weight Loss Challenge with Dustin Maher. I am doing the Fit Moms for Life Program. I have received the program for free and have not been paid to write this post. All opinions are mine. For more information on the program please learn more about it here: Fit Moms for Life

9 comments:

  1. Good job on getting that workout in among the chaos. I tend to wait till the evening a lot too because of the little one...but then sometimes everything else is demanding so I am still aiming for earlier. I think it is great you are doing the whole workout...Im not sure I could fit it all in at once! So keep up the good work!

    I love your note about pictures. My husband said we could get pics done last year, but I told him I wanted to wait to get the baby fat gone...I wish I had just gone and done them because I still do not have a family photo..my last one was about 10 years ago, so it is missing 2 kids!

    How did you like the black beans and eggs?...I thought they were really good together and think I am going to make that in just a few for breakfast...need to use up an open can of beans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Surprisingly enough It tasted really good. I used to make faces at my roommate years ago when she made this. I never understood why she would mix eggs and beans together. But now that I'm trying to eat healthier the light bulb clicked on in my head!

      I cannot believe that one serving of beans is 1/2 cup. Really does make you full to try to eat 1/2 a cup of beans.

      Delete
  2. I know exactly what you are talking about....looking on the outside like you feel on the inside! I feel younger than I am, too. Sometimes I look in the mirror and think "that can't be right!"

    I love peanut butter too. What kind do you use? Natural or regular? I know natural is better, and the taste is very peanut-y but I really love creamy regular peanut butter!

    The picture thing...that is so hard for me. I hate having my picture taken. I want to get over that because, to me, I can see in each picture how uncomfortable I am at being photographed. I want to look happy and okay with my body.

    Colleen....me too! We never have family pics done because I am also WAITING to lose weight first. I am missing out on things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm using natural peanut butter...it's the oily version! It gets kind of creamy after mixing it, but I know what you mean I love the creamy version too! Adam's peanut butter is what I'm using.

      Today's the family photo day! I will bear it and grin Julie! And Doing the vacuum shouldn't hurt right? :)

      Delete
  3. I agree the Mamatone would of been great when my kids were little! I have the luxury of exercising 5 days a week while the girls are in school. Kudos to getting it done with a little one running around! Thanks for sharing the note about photos. I tend to want to harp on myself in pictures or tell myself how my kids are going to look back at them and cringe, but you're right -they love us for us - their mom! Thanks and keep up the awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should wear what you are comfortable in for the photo! Are you tracking your calories? It doesn't seem like much food to me but I didn't calculate the number so I'm not sure.

    I awarded you the Versatile Blogger Award! http://grandmasguidetolife.blogspot.com/2012/02/versatile-blogger-award-and-blogs-i.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there stopping by from Grandmas Guide For Life, and Congratulations on the Versatile Award. I got one too, shes so sweet. Weight loss is a challenge, I have tackled it too, keep up the good work, find new recipes low in calories high in protein like your doing and get lots of versatility so you wont get bored, it helps.I cant follow on Network blogs as I am at my limit, but I will follow on Twitter and shared your blog. I think too it neat that you have the Linky for others to be able to share, support systems help so much, be blessed.
    Please stop by when you have time Oh! My Heartsie
    Hugs Karren

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey dear,
    Great day,I see your post,it,s excellent,I lot of learn from your post.iam waiting for your next post,thank you...best fitness center denver

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and knowledge on this subject . this is often really helpful and informative, as this gave me more insight to make more ideas and solutions for my plan. i might like to see more updates from you. woman's weight loss see more
    weightloss
    Best weight loss result
    Gain weight
    kieto diet

    ReplyDelete