Thursday, February 2, 2012

21 Day Mommy Blogger Weight Loss Challenge--Day 1

Journal for Workout Day 1: 

I woke up geared up and ready to exercise.  I dreaded working out just because I was sore from two days ago on trying out the work out for the first time.  I was beat for two days.  My husband says I was a bit cranky the day after I worked out.  I think I just wanted to hit the bed and sleep.  But feeling the soreness was also indicative that I DID Accomplish Something! 

Today, February 1st.  I ended up not working out till 2pm in the afternoon due to taking care of my little one.  Work out was so good.  I sweated and pushed through the whole  program.  This is how the Fit Moms for Life Program goes.

First is Warm Ups:  The Key here is Big Easy Movements that get the blood flowing. About 3 minutes length
Second is Weights Training: What I am learning is that I need to strengthen certain muscles so that I can gain better posture in my every day life activities.
Third:  Cardio:  Get our heart pumping more!  3 sets of 45 second heart pumping activities.  We do a set of intense activity for 45 seconds and rest for 45 seconds.  A one to one ratio.  If we work out and push hard in a short amount of time we burn more and get more.  I do like it I have to admit.  Spurts of energy and putting everything I got in it for a short amount of time really is nice.
Fourth is Core:  Abdomen-stomach section strengthening.  I find that I have a lot to work on here.  My belly fat is in the way of those muscles down there! 
Fifth and Lastly is the Flexibility/Stretch Cool down Phase: Pretty self explanatory, but something that I always look forward to.  It marks the end of the work out and kind of makes me feel good about myself. 

Dustin recommends doing the full work out every other day and taking a day of rest.
OR as busy moms are sometimes choosing
 I have to admit that the work out was hard to push through, but I did it with the help of thinking about the gains of being  healthy.

Challenging Excercises that I found hard to do!
  • Plank regular and side position: Position yourself like you are doing a push up.  Put elbows and hands down and  uphold for 45 seconds.  
    • Side position:  Go on side and support body with one arm. I had to "cheat and bend one of my knees.  My goal is to hold both for 45 seconds or more!


  • Push ups: Only did 10 instead of 15 for the first rep.
  • Swimmers:  Lie on the floor belly down.  Extend arms in front of  you and move them up and down while kicking your feet up and down (like you're swimming).  Hold belly in and draw belly button in for a good core work out.  For some reason I find it hard to breath and cannot do this for 45 seconds!  Ended up just kicking my legs up and down or just my arms up and down. 
Things I thought about while working out:
  • I want to have more energy for my kids.  
  • I desire to fit into my favorite jeans again and not have to move  up to the next size.
  • I do want to be able to look good and feel good again.
  • It is for my betterment and state of mind to excercise!
  • Only for an hour and a half and then I can rest and shower and relax!
  • I will feel better after this!

Here are my measurements:
Arms:  14 inches
Hips:  41 inches
Waist: 38 inches
Abdomen: 43.5 inches
Thighs: 23 inches
Chest:  42 inches
Calves: 14 inches

Height: 5' 2 inches
Weight: 176.6 lbs

Meals and Food Journal:
Breakfast: Oatmeal with Apples and Cinnamon

Snack: Orange, Apple slices

Lunch: Lemon Pepper Chicken and Boiled Potato

Snack: Apple Slices

Dinner: Taco Salad and whole grain corn bread


Water intake: 6 glasses to drink

My Goals for this program at the end of 21 days:
Main Goal:  Lose 25 lbs
Secondary Goal:  Do 30 Regular Pushups
Third Goal: To perform the "Plank" positions both front and side for 45 seconds!
Fourth Goal: Eat healthy and live an energized positive life.


You can check out Dustin on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/dustinmaher
Don’t forget to follow the #21MBC hashtag on twitter.  If you are a Mommy Blogger and would like to try this program for free like what I am doing right now please contact me at sophieandmomma at gmail.com and I will get you the information to join up for the next 21 Day Challenge for March 2012!  You will receive the same free program that I did! If you have any questions let me know I would love to help!

Disclaimer:  This post is in conjuction with the 21 Day Mommy Blogger Weight Loss Challenge with Dustin Maher.  I am doing the Fit Moms for Life Program.  I have received the program for free and have not been paid to write this post.  All opinions are mine.  For more information on the program please learn more about it here: Fit Moms for Life 

5 comments:

  1. I'm not part of this workout challenge but for the past month I have been making diet and fitness changes! I am excited to be taking better care of myself.

    I do the Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. I love it because it's one intense 20 minute workout. I do it first thing in the morning and then I'm done! I started January 8th and I have already lost 3 lbs, 4" from my waist and 1" from my hips!

    I look forward to reading about your progress... and GOOD FOR YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. French Tourist Could Face Prison for Flying Drone in Myanmar’s Capita international news


    New Delhi Hotel Fire Kills at Least 17 world news


    Former Malaysian PM Najib’s corruption trial delayed at the last minute international news



    Emirati woman begs for asylum in Macedonia after fleeing family world news



    ইয়াবায় মডেল কন্যা থেকে শুরু করে মসজিদের ইমাম bangladeshi newspaper


    রাজশাহীতে হারিয়েছে ৯টি নদী, ১০০ বছর পর একটি উদ্ধার bangladesh news

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grilled Lamb Chops Recipe | Easy Healthy Dinner Recipes At Home

    Lamb chops go with frying, barbecuing grilling or roasting and will cook in about ten minutes. It is also best healthy recipes.Cooked on the grill or in the skillet, lamb chops are stylish but super-fast snacks. From curried to cranberry fixed variations, these easy stuffed lamb chop recipes carry big flavor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vitamin B1, C, and caffeine in green tea can promote gastric secretion and help digestion and fat elimination. The catechins in green tea have the effects of anti-oxidation, increase metabolism, and scavenge free radicals. It can activate protein kinase and triglyceride lipase through many actions to reduce the accumulation of fat cells, thus achieving weight loss. Therefore, drinking green tea often can achieve the effect of accelerating fat consumption and strengthening healthy weight loss.

    Green tea weight loss in 1 month

    ReplyDelete