Thursday, April 4, 2013

Unglued--Making Wise Choices in the Midst of Raw Emotions




Excellent book by Lysa Terkeurst, regarding the thoughts and feelings that are common to most (if not ALL) women! I found myself absolutely intuned with the author for she was quite transparent and personal. Her stories of her "unglued" moments rings some what near to my own personal experiences. I found amazing comfort in knowing that I am not alone and that many women--even very Godly Christian Women who write books find themselves fighting the same battles of frustration, anger, worry, among other things.

I think any woman especially moms and wives will find help and guidance as we are being molded and take every day one moment at a time. Knowing that we are being "chisled" into the person God sees and knows us to be through Jesus Christ. My favorite part in the book is knowing that we are human and that we are in the midst of "imperfect progress" as Lysa says. We may be struggling with controlling our outbursts of anger or frustrations...but that is okay, God sees the masterpiece we are to be. All these situations, troubles, friction, people and circumstances are tools in God's hand. They become tools in the Master's hands and as we all God to work out in us His work we learn how to respond rather than to react and see how all things work together for good and for His Glory.

I am reminded too of how many times I was convicted by figuring out what type of person I am. Lysa classifies different types of "Unglued" reactions. Of which I have found myself in all categories depending on person and situation. One thing that got my attention was my relationship with those close to me. I feel like I am one to gather up the wrongs and store them within me for later. As people and situations anger me I just simply store it up as a "rock" to throw when I have had it and start retaliating all at once throwing back at them. It sounds awful and is awful--but I love how she helps us through them. Everytime I am aware of gathering stones to cast for later...I let it go. Forgive. Taste the regret I would feel after my "flinging of rocks and stones" and consider the person. Sounds easier than it is, but all throughout this book one will find help and guidance as you embark on your own walk of imperfect progress.


I love this book and give it 5 out of 5 Stars!  I highly recommend it.

Disclosure: I have received a free copy of this book for the purpose of reviewing it.  I was not compensated in any other way.  I have provided my honest opinions of this book and all words are my own.  

No comments:

Post a Comment