Thursday, April 4, 2013

If You Have a Craving I Have a Cure



This book offers its readers a change of perspective on as to Why we eat, what we crave and how we fulfill ourselves.  Divided into little chapters according to "your craving", I find that it was rather neat seeing how I can not just put food in my mouth but apply the Word of God and a thought to my soul.  It was rather a refreshing read, and is different.  It was different in that I felt that I needed to digest the book in segments rather than sit down and read all in one sitting.

If you are thinking about recipes--this book is chock full of really delectable new recipes I've not heard or made of before!  Most of her recipes were really healthfully fulfilling for me.  I love that each recipe corresponded to the chapter she wrote about.  For example in Chapter 9 it is entitled "Craving Raw Food and Real Faith".  She ties in "Raw" and "Real" to encapsulate the essence of what we desire...raw and real faith/food.

I find it very a approachable, straightforward and the verses appropriate and right on to address our "cravings".  The way author, Sheri Rose Shepherd, relates our very real food cravings to spiritual ones is very insightful!  I found it refreshing to relate a craving I have to a spiritual one.  It changed my perspective on how view eating!  On a personal note I found myself redirecting my very fleshly appetite to think first on what God's perspective is through his word and not just pouncing on whatever food binge I was about to go off on.  Sheri does this through her "Soul Food" and "New Life Recipes" sections throughout the book.  Lastly, she deals with the food cravings by introducing a yummy new recipe!

I think this book is something that one who loves food and wants God to be the God of our appetites and what we eat...will really enjoy.  The chapters are short and easy to read.  Though allowing things to sink in will take time and some rereading of chapters.  I find that the cure for the craving is a change of perspective on how I view food!

Some of her awesome Recipes include:
Sweet Balsamic Chicken Delight
Not Your Mama's Meatloaf
Midnight Chocolate Truffles

Good for You Greens Soup
Raw Mango Pudding
Mint Pear Salad


I enjoyed it and give it 4.5 out of 5 stars.

Disclosure: I have received a free copy of this book for the purpose of reviewing it. I was not compensated in any other way. I have provided my honest opinions of this book and all words are my own.




No comments:

Post a Comment