Friday, April 5, 2013

Unglued Devotional: 60 Days of Imperfect Progress



I have had the opportunity to get my hands on the Devotional version of Lysa's book Unglued.  Now, after going through a few weeks into the devotional book, I have found that most of the daily chapters were comprised of portions taken from the book Unglued.  I felt like this was helpful, for main points and lessons were brought afresh everyday with a helpful Key verse to remind me of the concepts I was learning through the process of "imperfect progress".  I loved that I could be reminded of concepts of the main book without having to thumb through the main book.

For someone who has not read this devotional and just bought this as a stand alone book, one will find that there is a progression in it that mirrors the process of growth and progress of her main book.  I think it is neat as readers who haven't the time to read the main book can still get the main points and learning lessons daily through this devotional.

Overall I find it a great daily devotional, and find it helpful as I am reminded of ways to diffuse the unglued moments of my life. I would rate it about 3 stars.  I guess after reading the main book I was looking for more out of the Devotional.  Though I did like it as a way to remember what I read in the main book, I had thought it would be a great companion to help me dive deeper....

Disclosure: I have received a free copy of this book for the purpose of reviewing it. I was not compensated in any other way. I have provided my honest opinions of this book and all words are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment