Wednesday, September 7, 2011

IFellowship Blog hop 9/7/2011


38 If anyone is ashamed of me and my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of Man will be ashamed of them when he comes in his Father’s glory with the holy angels.”



 11A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver.

 Proverbs 25:11

 

My friend's fiancee come over to print off a resume on my printer.  We had trouble getting the printer to work.  Figures that he was stressed to begin with and very impatient... I understand we all get that way.  So I did my best to troubleshoot the printer's issues.  I refilled the ink cartridge and such and tried to get him to be a bit more assured that things will work out.  

He said, "If there really is a God then have him get this thing working to print out my resume!" 

I was taken back, and knew from prior experience with him that he was an atheist.  Fully knowing he was testing out my boundaries as a Christian, I fumbled not knowing what to say.  God is more than this I wanted to say!  I had wished my mind was filled with the Word of God and clear to hear and speak out what God wanted me to say.

 15But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear: (1 Peter 3:15)



I held myself back, because of fearing that what I say would just be weak.  I regret this my dear sisters and brothers!  If simple and truthful are my words...God's Word does not fall down empty!  It will accomplish what it is set to accomplish!  I need to keep sowing otherwise I will reap nothing.  

I want another Chance God to defend your name, and your character!  I do not want to be cocky, but I sure want to be settled in the fact of, His Name, Jesus Christ is the name that everyone's knees shall be bowed to.  Every tongue shall confess that Jesus Christ is Lord!  To the glory of the Father.


Needless to say his resume did not print out.  He left in a hurry and a bit irritated that his day did not go the way he wanted.  I was left with wanting to invite him and his family back over to where if the Lord willed, maybe I can get a word in or something!!!!  Or perhaps maybe just be a light to him.  Whatever God wills let me just be a vessel for His use. 


In the End...
Indeed God does exist regardless of his resume printing out or not.  Who is this unbeliever and Who are we in the midst of a Him?  God is greater more powerful than we can ever imagine.  We are nothing.


God, let us not be timid or ashamed of you or your Word.  Let us speak when and what you desire for us to speak.  Let us be faithful to keep your Word in our hearts too!


15Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

2 Timothy 2:15



 Photograph taken from www.allposters.com

2 comments:

  1. Wow, can I relate! I want always to be filled with a word from the Lord, but sometimes it just doesn't seem to come. I believe he does give us second chances though, so keep praying for it! (visiting from ifellowship)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMEN!! Unfortunately, I too have fallen SO MANY times. Keep praying and rely on Christ. I know-easier said than done.

    ReplyDelete