Saturday, October 22, 2011

We are created!

As the master artist lifts his paintbrush to the canvas one can only guess what the finished piece will look like.  But until the final stroke is painted....can one stand back and gaze at the entirety of all those carefully placed brushstrokes and see what the master had envisioned.  When the master first began the strokes might have seemed irregular or even placed miscellaneously, but because he is the master and skilled each brush stroke is purposed.  

Our Daughter almost about a year ago :)

Lesson I am learning as a First Time Mom:
There are times in my life that I just feel like giving up on life, but God reminds me that I was once newly formed. I was once a baby too!
 
I look at my toddler my little girl. I look at her and I believe and know without a doubt she has a purpose.  She was created and knitted together with God's own hand!   I need to also believe that my Redeemer formed me. That he thinks of me, and that he has a plan for my life.
 
Me & My Mom
I get in the doldrums sometimes, and this helps me if there are piles of dishes and laundry to do--and I feel like giving up or discontent. When I remember that being a mom to my daughter and wife to my husband--is important and where God wants me to be right now, I gain hope.  Right now financially we cannot afford a babysitter or a daycare.  Neither do I want to!  My mom was the sole provider.  She worked as a single mom, and though we had sufficient food and clothes---I missed out on developing that relationship and bond as a child.  I knew she was my mom, but I know that she missed out on playtime with me and seeing me grow up.  I love my mom, and I know she sacrificed a lot that I may eat and be alright.  Being at home with my own daughter is a privilege that cannot be thought lightly.
  
Working a job and getting a diploma can wait a while longer.  My daughter will not be little forever.  I have a purpose....I have an impact...I am important....my life is not spent in vain....I am a Mother, a Daughter, a Wife.  I am not a mistake--neither is my life---I am fearfully and wonderfully made by God. 
***********

As you do not know the path of the wind, or how the body is formed in a mother's womb, so you cannot understand the work of God, the Maker of all things.
Ecclesiastes 11:5

This is what the LORD says--your Redeemer, who formed you in the womb: I am the LORD, who has made all things, who alone stretched out the heavens, who spread out the earth by myself,
Isaiah 44:24

13 For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb.
14 I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made, marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.
15 My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
16 Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.
17 How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them!
The Treasury of David (Psalms 139)





No comments:

Post a Comment