Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Time

Time is so valuable.  As a mom, one thing that I have learned is that one thing we can offer our family and friends is our time.  Sophie needs time with me!  The man of my life needs time with me.  Friends and family need time with me.  A lot of distractions demand our attention daily.

Here a few things that I have learned:

It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.  Lamentations 3:22-23
  • Take the beginning of the day to refresh, refocus, and restart! 
    • Do not let what bogged you down in "yesterday" put a damper on your new day.
    • It is a new day.
 Commit thy works unto the Lord, and thy thoughts shall be established.  Proverbs 16:3

  • Our thoughts, set your thoughts right, do not be overwhelmed with the tasks at hand.  When your mind becomes clouded and busied, running 80MPH--you really are a chicken running around with its head cut off.  For me, I get peace in mind as well as a clear mind when I give everything to God and just praying. 
A Man's Heart deviseth his way but the Lord directs his steps.  Proverbs 16:9

  • Be Flexible.  Time is short, do not get angry when you cannot get everything done that you have planned.  Don't get upset either!  :)  Be flexible with your time.  Sometimes your toddler just needs an extra loving and playing with you!  Cherish these moments.  Be Flexible!  Things happen.

Okay...these are just a few....of many that I wish to post! :) Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the reminder. I think we so often get caught up in our little lives. We scurry around and forget to stop and live in the moment that the Lord has given us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an encouragement. Moms need so many reminders of our need commit our days to the Lord. I'm a new follower. Thanks for popping by my place a few weeks ago. Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete