Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Word-filled Wednesdays


Something that I am learning now that I am married, is the part of me that desire to talk when it is time for bed.  It seems that my inner clock loves talking right before bed--I have this urge for many conversations or a list of things I want done and feel I have to tell him right before bed.  God hit me in the face with this Bible verse---very gently but firmly corrected me today.  Our new baby girl in our life has caused us many sleepless nights.  He slept in the living room last night.  As I looked for a verse for today, God led me to find this one.  Part of being a home maker and keeper of the house--I need to keep my husband's needs in front of what I want.  He is a hard worker, even when he is sick.  God bless the men in our lives with sweet sleep!

There are times where he does stay up to help take care of our little girl.  There are times when he sleeps.  I never knew that my role before God would be to "Let sleeping men lie".

9 comments:

  1. What a great post! I think this is a great reminder to moms...I am a working mom with two boys who demand a lot of time and energy. My husband and I share some of the responsibilities around the house but when it boils down to it, I usually do most everything because that is just the mom in me. I found you on Bloggy Moms. I will follow you as you journey through parenthood. What a great blessing from God! Check my blog out here:
    thekimballfamilyadventures.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so sweet! I understand needing to talk but sometimes God does ask us to be quiet :) I'm glad I could inspire you to do Word Filled Weds! Wow, honored :) I do love it! I have so many great photos and this way, I can showcase them and God's word together = perfect :)

    Blessings,
    Mel
    Please feel free to stop by: Trailing After God

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful post to go with your WFW!! I love that picture and the verse! They are both beautiful!

    You have a beautiful family! Thanks for stopping by today and for the wonderful compliments!

    Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! You are speaking to me too... I do this to my husband, though I try not to. We have to remember that putting him first means putting ourselves last... hard to do... easy to forget, but the pay off is filled with blessings! Sweet picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. An important lesson to learn, that's for sure. Especially for those husbands who have to head for work in the morning. what a blessing you are being to him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What you have learned is of great wisdom....Men come home from being hassled on all sides and wives have also been hassled on all sides.....but they need to come home to a refuge which you have wisely recognized.
    I love let sleeping men lie.......LOL.
    My Mum used to tell me not to ask Dad for something as soon as he came in the door...so I learned that from a child. But I had forgotten those teachings. She did well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The photo is adorable and the words you shared are very wise. Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome pic and verse, and post. My dh likes to try to talk to me right before bed...doesn't work too good tho cuz I am T.I.R.E.D. LOL Glad you are open to the Lords leadings! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this post... so sweet and so cute!! I am following from Bloggy Moms! Looking forward to your post.
    ~Melissa
    http://www.mnmrheinlander.blogspot.com
    http://www.twitter.com/MSRheinlander
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Keeping-Up-With-The-Rheinlanders/142498255802871

    ReplyDelete