Monday, February 7, 2011

Oliver's Labels Review



How Oliver's Labels began....

"It all began with a small idea to keep Oliver, my nephew, from losing his stuff. After seeing the overwhelming positive reaction from his teachers and other parents, I realized there was a huge demand for high quality labels. I used my 6 years of experience in the printing industry to develop a label that was both durable and beautiful. The business was born and now our full-colour designs and exclusive Found-it™ tracking system are a few of the things that set Oliver's Labels apart from the competition." - Debbie (taken from www.oliverslabels.com)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Thoughts on the product:

I had the opportunity to try their Original and Mini labels, their Shoe Labels and their Stick-eez Clothing Labels.  I really enjoyed using these labels.  They are customizable, and they were willing to work with me with putting "I'm with Sophie" instead of just first and last name.  This was really fun for me to design!  I choose the Animal Faces Design.  
 
 Easy packaging.  The labels came pretty quickly, and it was in an envelope protected by a plastic zip bag.  This zip bag had instructions right on it!  It also came with a booklet of its many uses, more pictures of designs, products, and where to order more when the time came.  This is what I received in the mail to review.  My first impression was that they definitely very colorful and ...cute.... When I peeled the label off it stuck onto my daughter's things, they were pretty much "stuck" to it.  I know it would take quite an effort to unstick them!  They can go through a lot.  The labels are made up of vinyl and have such a nice look and feel to them.  They feel thick and I know that they are not going to tear up.  
 I placed them on various clothing items.  I loved the fact that I could stick them onto clothes!  I washed it, and they were still there!  I read that they were meant to withstand the wash and....they did!  A more permanent solution for clothes is their Iron-On Labels which they have on their site!




Have you ever had the problem of losing your childrens' shoes?  You would have one pair, but had no idea where the other was?  I have had this problem at church.  We would be carrying her around, and once we looked down one or both shoes were missing!  Also, if I found a tiny shoe at church we would run into the problem of "whose shoe is this?"  I remember scanning the running kids about church trying to figure out who owned this tiny shoe!  With Oliver's Labels, having a name in the shoe proves really useful in finding the little owner!



 I kind of had fun doing these dishes.  I figured daycare or something someone might just mistake her plates and cups for belonging to the daycare or school.  I like being able to label them as hers!  Perfectly sized too!  I allowed sometime to fly by before washing them.  No problem here after washing and drying them!




 I have always had problems losing her bibs.  I would drop them or something.  I do not know how I lose them, but hey now I got these tags on them.  I used a Stick-eez Clothing label.  I did some twisting just to see what would happen to the label, and washing, and drying and it still stayed on.  It got a bit wrinkled from the twisting, but I did twist it hard just to see if it would come off.  I rough housed it just to see what damage I would do.  Under normal circumstances the most roughing it would get in my house is probably in the laundry.  And even in the laundry it would not get twisted as hard I purposefully did.  I'm satisfied with its endurance!


Overall Opinion: 
I really enjoyed using these labels.  They are customizable, and they were willing to work with me with putting "I'm with Sophie" instead of just first and last name.  
With many designs to choose from, I think you would enjoy these labels.  I got a little carried away taking a long time playing around with the different designs.  They have waterproof labels such as Shoe labels, Iron-on Clothing Labels, their Original labels, a Safety Wristbands, Large and Mini Bag Tags. 

I found them so useful.  I know as Sophie grows older there will be many uses that I would use these labels for.  Especially when she gets old enough for slumber parties, school events, and much more.  In the future, I plan on purchasing more from Oliver's Labels.
They have a really neat feature option that you can choose to go with your labels.  It is called the "Found-It" tracking code system.  If your child loses something, there is a website that person can go to and a 9 digit serial number that will allow Oliver's Labels to get in contact with you.  It is a free feature.  Although I did not chose this option, I regret that I hadn't!  In the future, however, I am going to add this to my labels!  

Overall I think this was a well-made product and I would recommend this to you all, my readers!

Where to buy:
Please go to www.OliversLabels.com and purchase your set of Oliver's Labels!  These labels are perfect if you have kids going off to school, and you have the need to put their name on their things!  They are quite hardy.  The labels that I have stuck to Sophie's dishes have not come off after washing. 



I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. Tomoson Product review & giveaway Disclosure.

5 comments:

  1. I am very impressed with the labels, but it seems not to stick very well for me when I put my son, Jonathan's new school shirts through the wash and they all had come off. I put it on all 3 shirt, 3 shorts and 3 socks. All came off. I followed wash rules but on luck.

    The labels have stuck well to all of Jon's luchbox containes when i have washed them.

    What am I doing wrong???

    Emma Glenwright
    Queensland, Australia
    emmaglenwright@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always use quality packing supplies to increase your brand image. Check out our shoe tags selection for the very best in unique or custom, Get Custom Size and Design Tags For Shoe
    for your Brand. Chat with us Or Call us now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your article is an excellent showing of writing skills that my children should be using. You have captured readers with your compelling and interesting views. waterproof labels custom printed with your designs, personalized with your custom shapes, and always available with free shipping, and fast turnaround.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great article with well-scripted, engaging content that is full of original and sensible views. Much of your informative content is in line with my way of thinking. Order packaging roll stickers for all your packaging materials, buy custom packaging stickers in all sizes, shapes and colors with on-time delivery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A custom clothing label is a personalized tag or label that is attached to austin trim garment to represent a specific brand or individual.

    ReplyDelete