Monday, January 17, 2011

Monday Blog Hops


Beloved, Let us love one another, for love is of God and everyone that loveth is born of God and knoweth God.  He that loveth not, knoweth not God--for God is love.  Beloved, let us love one another
I John 4:7-8 

I'm finding that to simply love a person, unconditionally is what one needs most.  My husband amazes me with the love he gives to me.  Even when I do not deserve it! Or at least I when I feel like I don't deserve it!  Whenever we get into fights and arguments, I find that he is so quick to stop let it go, want to stop the fighting even when I do not want to.  He is so quick to forgive when I'm the one who is firing the shots!  Even when I want to keep fighting---it just seems he is that silent warrior.  "I forgive you and I love you now lets just stop."
Sometimes I forget how much my husband Andrew loves me.  At the same time I forget how much greater our God loves us.  My husband just had a little battle today--mainly I was the one offended and on the rampage.  It really was no big deal, but gosh did I just grow so quick to be angry!  I was so unloving.  Said things that I know I should not have said.  Yet, he was patient, knowing deep down I did not mean a thing I said.  Knowing deep down I loved him.  I need to be a better lover of others.

I am not saying Andrew's the God in my life or anything, but if this is just human love and not that perfect love of Christ...How much more is His love for us?  If we think of our husbands willing to die for us.  Husbands, men, guys, boys (even young ones!) I think there is this instinct in them that would protect us girls, women to the point of death.  I laugh when I baby sat a couple of boys--and they said "I'll save you!"  such bravery and courage is instilled in them, even to the point of giving their lives for our sakes.  How much more is someone who gave their lives for us?  Sometimes I have a hard time picturing God's love being more than just words.  Husbands and wives---marriages are symbolic of God's love with mankind.  

His love towards us is deeper.  
He gave His life.  He gave His only Son.  I cannot imagine giving up my baby growing up to save other people knowing that she would die for others.  But He did for us.  

Love originated from Him.
----------------------------------------------------------------




Welcome To Making Friends Monday Blog Hop 1/17/11


Blog Rules:
1. Follow the Making Friends Monday Hosts publicly(Listed as # 1-4) We WILL follow you Back!  LEAVE A COMMENT so we can follow you back!
2. Grab our Making Friends Monday button and include it in a post on your blog. Grab our linky code to for even more followers!
3. Start hopping and remember following back is appreciated! 

 

5 comments:

  1. Hi there and thanks so much for following. I've returned the follow (btw your daughter is gorgeous!) I also love that you explore green living so I will stop by here often...I hope you will find my blog beneficial too especially when you begin to sew on your new machine. Take care and enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking up with us at MFM. I'm returning your follow from The Thrifty Things. You son is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love that!! Everything you said is so true!! Thanks so much for linking up with Monday's Life In Him

    Oh and I'm not sure if you knew (or entered) but that HUGE giveaway is starting tomorrow. (Over $400 worth of prizes going to one person! Be sure to stop over!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm now a follower. Thanks for stopping by!

    www.twokidsandacoupon.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. A forgiving husband is a real blessing. A good marriage takes so much grace to each other.

    Blessings,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete