Wednesday, October 30, 2013

A Call back to Simplicity, Primal Faith

I did receive a free copy of this book for the sole purpose to write a review. This did not affect my thoughts on the book or influence a more positive review.



Mark Batterson initiates the reader into an examination of each own's faith. He encourages throughout his book a stripping of superfluousness of religiousity, and coming back to the basics.

This book was quite convicting. There is a fiery passion behind Batterson's words. I find myself caught up in Batterson's call for a passion for the life Christ gave us. There is a call for Believers to wake up, take off the garments that are spotted or the chains that bind them from living a life devoted to God. From living a life Changed!

Each chapter was challenging to me as a believer. I saw my salvation in a new light. From the Chapter: Tribe of the Transplanted, I remember that I was indeed given a NEW heart, infused with new Desires. I was moved by the reality of those given new physical transplanted hearts how changed they were. Many had remarked that not only were they given a new heart through surgery, but had new passion and desires that the donor might have had.

Now with a heart from the God Himself...does our heart break with what breaks God's very own heart? Am I compassionate, understanding, sympathetic? Do i carry on the same heart that God has in whatever situation or to whomever? Or are my reactions simply anger, hatred, self preservation, defensiveness? Do I even love God with all my heart...soul and mind?

I know that there was a lot in this book, and that chapter was simply that, one chapter. I feel that this book offers readers a chance to examine themselves; offering them a chance to strip down to basic, primal faith which occurred at their rebirth. 

If you want to read this book or read more reviews, check it out on Amazon.com



I did receive a free copy of this book for the sole purpose to write a review. This did not affect my thoughts on the book or influence a more positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment