In the past months I have always shied away from purchasing a box of Cheerios from Costco. They were always too big and tall to store in our cabinets, and too much for our little household to eat up in time!
Yet I remember caving in and purchasing Costco's Big Box of Cheerios. My daughter recently grew an affinity to Cheerios as a simple easy snack. I caved and bought ourselves a huge box at Costco. It was at a decent price, and thought it was a bargain! But because of the huge package, we could not eat down to the bottom. The cereal became stale and just not breakfast or snack worthy. I still have the remains of what's left in my cupboard! I hate waste, and buying cereal in bulk was just not worth it to me.
BUT Today, I am excited to talk about Cheerios NEW Packaging! Instead of one huge tall box, Cheerios are now packaged into two separate boxes. They are shorter in length, and a tiny bit wider. I am quite fond of the TWO BOX packaging as it really eliminates the waste in our household and reduces the possibility of our Cheerios getting stale. Watch the Video below to see the difference in the NEW packaging!
Here are some reasons as to why I think this is such a Brilliant Idea from General Mills and beneficial to our family!
- The two box Packaging makes the cereal last longer and fresh.
- The package is already divided into what we can use now, and what we can store up for later. It makes it easier for me to put away groceries!
- The box itself is shorter and can easily fit in our regular size cabinets. Whereas before, I found it frustrating trying to figure out a way to store ONE tall big box in my cabinet.
- Available at Costco, Sam's Club, and BJ's nationwide.
- We can buy Cheerios in bulk without wasting or having the cereal become stale!
- Overall, it makes sense and works for our family.
Here's a look at their efforts towards Sustainability--information taken from http://www.cheerios.com/club2boxes:
A Focus on Sustainability:
- Less air – the new 2 compact boxes combined fit more cereal than the previous package!
- Less material – packaging material has been reduced by over 200,000 lbs of paperboard, and saves 1,000 trees per year!
- Fewer trucks –more boxes fit on each truck, which takes 130 trucks off the road each year and reduces CO2 emissions!
Giveaway: One winner will be chosen to win the New 2 Box Packing of Cheerios! Giveaway ends June 13, 2012, 12:01am EST. Please enter by filling out the Rafflecopter form below. Giveaway open to US and CAN. Winner must respond to notification email to claim prize within 48 hours.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclosure: Cheerios® cereal, information, and giveaway have been provided by General Mills through MyBlogSpark.