Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Battling Psoriasis with Cleopatra's Choice Products {Review}


I have recently written up about ways in which I have been battling my psoriasis.  And here's another post about products that have helped me with my continual battle with Psoriasis!  

I am pleased to introduce to you all to a company that specializes in skin care products.  Cleopatra's Choice offers a variety of products that are specific to meet the needs of YOU and your skin type.  I am very drawn to this company because they are inspired by Cleopatra who kept her beauty even as she aged.  I have heard of the healing properties of the Dead Sea, and Cleopatra's Choice contains minerals and salts from the Dead Sea.  

African Black Soap
4 oz African Black Soap, Cleopatra's Choice

Ingredients:
African Black Soap contains all natural virgin palm kernel oil and Potash made the ashes of plantain leaves, a rich source of iron, Vitamin A, and Vitamin E.

Now I really liked this soap because it did not make me feel dried out after use like sulfate soaps do.  It does not have any scent and looks really rough!  I feel that it has little bits in the soap nice for exfoliation, but overall it is a slippery smooth soap.  There is a really light lather that is not like store bought soap.  It is a slippery like lathery that is clear.  African Black Soap seems to work well at cleaning my body off, as well as not irritating my psoriasis.  Sometimes though the potash can be a bit big and rather scratchy on delicate skin.  I had to pick out one of the ashes just because it was too big for my liking.  Last night was the first time I had to pick it out so it is not a problem I find that would stop me from purchasing this in the future.
The soap is in fact a product made from African women in Ghana.  Hard work and labor goes into every bar of soap, and am proud to know that it is a product of fair trade.  So every purchase helps women in Ghana provide for their families and support families.  After a few weeks of usage, this soap has a nice quality of long lasting.  Usually organic handmade soap seems to disappear within a few weeks, but I am thankful to see that it will survive for a month and more.  

The price is reasonable for organic and all natural. Within a $5-6 price range depending on how much you order and if it is on sale.


Calming: 100% Pure Essential Oil
10ml, 100% Pure Essential Oil *Calming*

Ingredients:
Lavender, Orange, Geranium, Cedarwood, Marjoram, Omanese, Frankincense, Rose Oils

If ever my psoriasis was horrible it was during times of stress and fatigue and frustration.  I seemed to scratch insanely during times like this, and am open to the use of Aromatherapy.  I have to say I did not know what to do with Essential Oils at first!  I knew I could use a few drops in my candle warmer and diffuse the scents this way.  A few drops and water goes a long way in creating a relaxing, rather calming room.  It enveloped my room and did calm my nerves down!  It has a nice herbally woodsy scent.  

I mixed a few drops of the Essential Oil to my lotion and applied it to my body.  It was nice and rather made me appreciate the therapeutic properties of Essential Oils.  I can imagine myself in a massage spa having someone rub a mixture of Calming and oils into my skin and back!  I love it, and am hoping to invest in more varieties of Essential Oils because mixing it into lotions and coconut oil has helped my skin a whole lot. 

As for my psoriasis, I have felt that direct skin contact with the oils has helped a little bit.  I think that mixing the oils with coconut oil or my lotion has helped is better rather than just direct contact with it on my skin.

The aromatherapy is amazing.  I fully stand by that it has helped me feel calm and relaxed and rather ready for bed!  In matters of aromatherapy, I think that my stress levels have gone down and is mirrored with me scratching less and feeling less irritated with my skin.  It's almost a soothing "scent"sation! (mind my humor).

Right now it is on sale too!  

Adovia: Mineral Hand Cream
100mL, Mineral hand Cream with Dead Sea Minerals, Shea Butter, and Aloe Vera


Ingredients:
Demineralised Water & Dead Sea Water, Glycerin, Glycerin Monostearate, Stearyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol & Chamomile (Anthemis Nobilis) Extract & Algae Extract & Papaya (Carica Papaya) Extract & Aloe Vera (Barbadensis) Gel, Sunflower (Helianthus Annuus) Oil, Stearic Acid, Dimethicone, Olive (Olea Europaea) Oil, Evening Primrose (Oenothera Biennis) Oil, Orange (Citrus Aurantium Dulcis)Oil, Triethanolamine, Peach (Prunus Persica) Kernel Oil, Octyl Palmitate, Shea Butter (Butyrospermum Parkii), Benzoic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Dehydroacetic Acid, Benzalkonium Chloride, Dead Sea Salt, Calendula Officinalis Oil, Exotic Verbena (Litsea Citrata) Oil, Ginseng (Panax Ginseng) Extract, Soybean (Glycine Soja) Extract, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Retinyl Palmitate.




I was also sent this Mineral Hand Cream with Dead Sea Minerals, Shea Butter and Aloe Vera.  My hands are loving and thanking Cleopatra's Choice for providing this product!  My hands are satin smooth, silky soft, and not oily feeling.  I was dismayed at first with the lotion running without me hardly squeezing the lotion out.  It was a bit more of a loose lotion than I had expected.  I had to get my daughter's hands too since a lot of the lotion came out fairly quickly.  That dismay quickly dissipated as I noticed that it absorbed into our hands swiftly.  

My hands, though are not prone to eczema, are always ragged and dry through washing dishes continually.  I felt that Adovia Mineral Hand Cream gave my hands a new lease on life!  After using this lotion, my hands I felt were alike those of  a delicate baby--soft and silky smooth.  I would get this in the future and recommend this to others who wish for moisturized hands with softness!  This is by far one of my favorite.

I also love that it was made in Israel!

Conclusion:
Overall, I feel like I was pampering myself and my household to quality products from Cleopatra's Choice. From using organic soap to improve and restore sensitive skin to the home tranquility Essential Oils created, I feel that Cleopatra's Choice offers consumers quality and affordability.  Not only that, but their website offers us a vast array of products that use ingredients unique to that country.


Websites: 


Disclosure: I have received the products for free for the purpose of this review.  I was not compensated in any other way.  All opinions above are my own and from my experience using the product.  

No comments:

Post a Comment