Thursday, July 21, 2011

Testimony Thursdays

Have you ever thought about "What it is in a Review..."
  • That gets a person to purchase what you review?
  • To believe your words and testimony?
  • To trust your judgement?
And then it hit me.  Too frequently I wonder if people know who I am just by looking at me or talking with me. 
  • What do I do that makes a person stop and think about what kind of person I am?
  • Do people take me as one who believes in God and trusts in Jesus as her Savior?
  • Do they know that I am A forgiven person freed from the shackles of sin?
  • Or That I read the Bible and follow its truths?
  • And That I am saved by grace and not works?
  • That I believe God is Sovereign, in control over all that goes on?
  • Lastly, is there a difference in the way I live that really really makes a difference?
Testimony Thursdays:

Testimony Thursdays was born through theses questions I have so many times thought about.  I want my life and this blog to reflect what I am going through in life.  As well as be a testimony to what God is doing in my life.  I will share verses and prayers answered.  I will share what is going on in my life as a believer in God.  I want you all to witness what He is doing in my life. 

I have sins in my life that I am not too proud of.  I am ashamed of.  I know that if I were to live with the guilt of sin for the rest of my life, that I would probably be trying to rid myself of the guilt I felt inside.  Instead of me having to try to get rid of the sin myself, Jesus Christ the Son of God took all my sins to the death on the cross. 


So many times I have felt, even now as a forgiven person, that I wanted to get rid of sin myself.  I don't know if you have ever felt that.  But Jesus took that sin and the guilt upon himself.  So that we did not have to feel that way or live life carrying the burden of guilt.  He died on that cross instead of us.  He wanted us to be able to live in Heaven and have forgiveness and love instead of pain and sin and guilt.  I have tried to run away from things in my past, and tried to get rid of the sin myself but ya tough luck on that one.  I have tried doing good works, but found myself wrestling with the reasons behind doing the good works, ultimately selfishness.

The Bible says in Romans 4:

For if Abraham was justified by works, he has something to boast about, but not before God.  For what does the Scripture say?  Abraham believed God, and it was counted to him as righteousness.  Now to the one who works, his wages are not counted as a gift but as his due.  And to the one who does not work but believes in him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is counted as righteousness, just as David also speaks of the blessing of the one to whom God counts righteousness apart from works:
Blessed are those whose lawless deeds are forgiven, and whose sins are covered: blessed is the man against whom the Lord will not count as sin. 

I Find myself Forgiven and Free:
  I find myself thankful and grateful to God for loving me so much that He gave His only Son to die on that cross.  It is truly amazing love and forgiveness.  I look at my daughter and it pains me deeply to imagine her giving her life up so that others may live.  Those who live might not even realize she died that they may live.  Or there might be some that don't even deserve to live. 

The Bible says in Romans 5:
For while we were still weak, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly.  For one will scarcely die for a righteous person--though perhaps for a good person one would even dare to die--but God shows his love for us in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. 
 I find myself wanting to live out life pleasing to Him:

  I want to "do" things now.  I want others to know that life is still hard, but you have God's grace, love, and hope there for you.  Knowing that life is not out of control, but In God's Control really helps me to keep on living in hope.  There are bad days where I doubt Him, but I find things in life and circumstances that confirm that He is real and true and there for me.

Hope/Silver Lining



Hope.  My hope is in Christ Jesus:
There is nothing good in me.  I am not always righteous or right.  I am faulty, but the Holy God sees me as forgiven and whole (not faulty or imperfect).  His Son did what I could not do--live out the 10 Commandments, Live out a Perfect, Sinless life.  Jesus Christ took the rap for all the wrong we all did.  The punishment for sin is death.  He died.  Yet, He had the power to rise again.  This is my testimony, Jesus Christ paid for my sins.  I am nothing without Him.  He is Lord. Praise God for all He has done!  


For you are my hope, O LORD God: you are my trust from my youth. 
Cast me not off in the time of old age; forsake me not when my strength fails. 
I will go in the strength of the LORD God: I will make mention of your righteousness even of yours only.  Now also when I am old and greyheaded, O God, forsake me not; until I have showed your strength unto this generation and your power to every one that is to come.  Psalm 71:5,9,16,18

No comments:

Post a Comment