Friday, April 15, 2011

Why I Am Back in Mary Kay: To Feed the Hungry

So Lately, I have been getting so many moments where I would see a commercial or flyer to help a child in need! Last night as I was watching television the channels rested on a Haiti Commercial featuring adults and children fighting the war of HUNGER. I could not turn the channel, my heart was just pulling for wanting to donate money for their cause!


I know it has been a while since this disaster in Haiti, but they are still in need of help. Right now my income is zero, and I have decided get back into selling Mary Kay skin care products. I signed up last year in hopes of getting out of my "shell of shyness" and now, I know I am more bold and confident.  Now, I have a new purpose and goal in mind, that this business be geared towards feeding the hungry and needy.
Now with the devastation in Japan I just feel such a need to really get in gear to help! I also had family members who resided there for a time, and thankfully they moved a couple of years ago.  Yet, knowing I have friends and family that are near Japan and have lived in Japan I just cannot be stagnant...I want to do something to help.

There is so much need for prayer and help! So, right now my husband is generating enough money to keep an apartment over our heads and to pay bills, and I thought it would be great for me to get back in working. What I have right in front of me that I can do, is Mary Kay.  I decided to get my Mary Kay Business going for a purpose to be able to give. Since my husband is paying the bills, I think my contribution to this family would be in the giving and contribution part. There is so much need—people need this and would really like this.
This is my personal purpose and reason for me doing Mary Kay:
My heart is to be able to Give to Others in Need.

I commit to giving at least 30% of my sales profit towards helping feed the hungry or contributing to a charity. My goal is to move into doing 50%, but I have to see

I was thinking of the Proverbs 31 Woman….Though I cannot sew or spin wool to make clothing, I can look at merchandise, see that it is good, and turn it into something that can generate income towards those in need, and right now it is to those in need of food. 

"She considers a field and buys it; from her profits she plants a vineyard. 
She girds herself with strenth, and strengthens her arms. 
She perceives that her merchandise is good, and her lamp does not go out by night.
She extendeth her hand to the poor, yes, she reaches out her hands to the needy."

Excerpts from Proverbs 31, New King James Version.


Make your Donations Directly to Help.
Here are some websites to where you can make your own contributions.

Haiti:

Japan:

Other:
Collaboration of Official Donation Sites: http://www.redcross.org/en/otherdonationsites/
Life OutReach International, James Robison: http://www.lifetoday.org/
Other Humanitarian Causes you can donate tooCBN World Reach 


Information on Scams:  Beware of Scams
There are a lot of scams out there, so when searching for places to donate, please just be careful! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment