10 Steps to Cleaner Clothes for Frigidaire by Tara Aronson
- Immediately rinse or blot away spills on your clothes with cool water to prevent stains from setting.
- Read fabric care labels before you wash. Your clothes will last longer if you know how to treat them.
- Sort laundry by color, wash cycle needed, and water temperature required. The Frigidaire Affinity’s Permanent Press cycle washes with warm water and less agitation, resulting in less wear and tear on your sturdy jeans, khakis, and sweaters; the Delicates cycle uses cold water and light agitation to gently clean swimsuits, workout clothes, and lingerie.
- Before washing stained garments, pretreat or prewash the spot using the Affinity’s Rinse & Spin cycle. If at first you don’t succeed, wash, wash again.
- To keep snags and lint to a minimum, zip zippers, button buttons, empty pockets, and brush away lint before tossing duds in the hamper.
- If your clothing is heavily soiled, your load large, or the water cold, add extra laundry detergent. Use the Affinity’s Heavy Duty cycle for sturdy but really dirty items like jeans and towels; choose the Sanitize setting to use the hottest water available to get rid of germs and grime as thoroughly as possible.
- Check wet garments for remaining stains, and re-treat as needed before drying. Heat will set stains.
- Dry only full loads. Tumbling a handful of garments prolongs the drying time by reducing the tumbling.
- Fold shirts and T-shirts to prevent wrinkling. If the shirt has buttons, button it at top, middle and bottom. Lay facedown. Fold both sides of the shirt so they meet in the back, with the sleeves aligned with the side folds. Fold the tail up to the cuffs, making a straight line at the bottom. Then fold in thirds crosswise. For T-shirts: a child’s T-shirt needs only one crosswise fold in half; an adult’s should be folded into thirds.
- Fold shorts and pants by aligning the inseams and outer seams of the legs and fold so that a crease forms at the front center of the legs. Fold in half or in thirds, depending on the size of the garment.
This is a picture of me sorting through my laundry for like colors and similiar type of clothes. I also picked up some Woolite Extra Dark Care to specially treat my dark colored jeans! My only wish is that we had a Frigidaire Affinity Washing Machine and Dryer!!! :)
One thing too is that I absolutely love being able to sort through laundry--it makes folding and putting away easier. Every fold is similiar and I can simply speed through folding! I also love folding warm clothes. We have a small table that in our laundry room in between our washer and dryer which makes for a good place to fold clothes. Folding them immediately helps keep our house clean!
Visit Frigidaire on Facebook, share your personal "Adventures in Clean", and Frigidaire will donate $1 to Save the Children as part of its $750,000 commitment to the cause. To share your "Adventures in Clean" simply upload a photo and the online app turns it into your very own movie poster!
Disclosure: I am a member of One2One Network, and information about post was provided to me. Other personal information and stories are of my own account. By posting I will be entered into a drawing for a $50 Gift Card.