Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Our God is Able


This was something my daughter and I talked about after reading this in the Bible.  

 I wanted her to realize that sometimes in life there are unavoidable things. That there are tough situations and circumstances and if she found herself in one of them she could trust God to be there. Sometimes He will save you and sometimes He won’t,but whatever happens He will be there with you and not leave you. 

I wanted her to realize that sometimes in life there are unavoidable things. That there are tough situations and circumstances and if she found herself in one of them she could trust God to be there. Sometimes He will save you and sometimes He won’t, but whatever happens He will be there with you and not leave you. 

“If this be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of your hand, O king. But if not, be it known to you, O king, that we will not serve your gods or worship the golden image that you have set up."”
‭‭Daniel‬ ‭3:17-18‬ ‭ESV‬‬
http://bible.com/59/dan.3.17-18.

We talked about how they might have felt afraid of dying. We talked about how this situation was scary. They had these feelings yet they responded in faith. They had a hope. They had God. Even if God didn’t save them, God would be there to take them up to heaven. Ultimately God would still deliver them either way. They had full confidence in A God who was very real and very powerful and very faithful. They had their eyes looking up to God who was their help.


This year I did something new and crazy.  She's in school.  At home I have this crazy thought, " I can keep her safe."  In fact when she's with me, I cannot control whether or not we get in a car wreck or by some freak accident our house collapses or....I cannot control and keep her totally safe.  Putting her in school made me realize how little I can control.  There is no telling what danger or threats could happen, but the fact is God is in control.  He needs to be not only my peace, but hers as well.  He needs to be real in her life.  She finds her ultimate safety in Him alone.  

I took a breath of relief after we finished this conversation.  God worked it out that we could talk about this!  My fears as a parent were laid down at His feet.  I can only pray for her to understand and know the One true God who is able to save.  

Disclosure: Picture is not mine, but from Walkfm


1 comment:

  1. 日本一對一視訊聊天室
    免費同城交友聊天室
    台灣裸聊免費視頻
    台灣裸聊入口網站
    台灣裸聊平台
    免費在線裸聊視頻
    性愛裸聊直播間
    裸聊直播間視頻
    免費同城聊天室
    午夜視頻聊天室真人秀場
    寂寞同城交友聊天室午夜良宵網同城約會午夜同城上海單身聊天室上海同城聊天室貓咪論壇
    韓國視頻交友聊天室聊天室美女熱舞視頻國外視頻交友聊天室日本毛片子視頻情色論壇
    多人視頻交友聊天室視頻交友聊天室美女視頻交友毛片網成人玩具用品使用方法私服論壇
    美女視頻聊天交友寂寞交友富婆聊天室同城聊天室 視頻聊日韓情電影色快播網sw水族論壇
    碧聊視頻語音聊天室九聊視頻語音聊天室午夜美女秀場直播免費高清成人毛片全球成人論壇

    ReplyDelete